Teeth Cleaning & Dental Checkups
There are many ways you can play an active role in maintaining your oral health. Having your teeth cleaned in our office every four to six months is an excellent place to start.
Why is it important to have the proper teeth cleaning and on-time checkups?
Routine checkups are an essential part of proper oral hygiene. Some of the benefits of regular teeth cleanings include:
- Healthier bones and gums.
- Longer lasting teeth.
- Early detection and treatment of cancer and other oral health conditions.
- Beautiful, healthy smiles.
What happens when we miss teeth cleanings?
Failure to keep up on proper oral hygiene can lead to:
- An impaired ability to eat and digest foods, leading to nutritional and systemic problems.
- Bad breath, resulting from advancing periodontal disease and/or rotting food particles.
- Negative effects on cardiovascular well-being and overall health.
- Gum infection and gangrene.
Call us at Dupay Dentistry Phone Number (239) 498-9666 with any questions or book your consultation online.Call Today Schedule Appointment
What to Expect at Your HYGIENE APPOINTMENT
We take pride in getting to know each of our patients, tailoring treatments to the health needs and goals of every individual. In order to accomplish this, a proper diagnosis of your hygiene condition is necessary. Your first visit to our office will be for a comprehensive evaluation. A cleaning is not typically completed on your first visit.
Here’s what to expect when you come for your hygiene appointment:
- Dental History—We will update dental and medical histories so that we have a clear picture of your current health, including any medical conditions that can impact dental treatment.
- Digital X-rays—We take digital x-rays as diagnostic material for your comprehensive oral exam and/or for periodic oral exams once every 12-14 months. If you have had x-rays taken within the last 12 months, please have them sent to our office. If you are unable to have x-rays taken, please inform the office as you give your medical history.
- Oral Screening and Teeth Exams—After we perform an oral cancer/lesion screening for symptoms of cancer and other illnesses, such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, we examine your teeth for decay.
- Gum Evaluation and Teeth Cleanings—Your dentist will evaluate your gums, measuring periodontal pockets with a probe, and clean your teeth by identifying and removing areas of tartar, plaque, and calculus.
- Oral Hygiene Habits—We end your visit by reviewing and reinforcing proper oral hygiene.